Thursday, June 5, 2008

Some more pics!

The good looking "Team America" as we Like to call ourselves, standing in the hut where Eduardo Mondlane, the founder of the political party that brought Mozambican independence was born. It was a humbling experince to be there.
Me and my "new best friend" as she called me last week at the orphanage. She was amazingly cute, and she lives with family members now because her parents passed away from AIDS, which is a common story here, sad but true.
The girls we teach from the 5th grade class each Friday, They are soo adorable!
My national Geographic sunset pic I took one day while waiting for my roomies to get home, I had forgot My key. BTW the sunsets always look like this here.
My other national geographic photo of the lightning storm here a few weeks ago, I was so stoked that I took this picture!
This is a Machamba, A garden where people grow their own food, and also sell it at little road side stands, those trees in the back are bananas and papayas...mmm! There are litterally hundreds if not thousands around here.
More of the kids we teach on Fridays, the little one in the bottom left corner is my favorite student, he is super funny.


1 comment:

Jeni said...

Awesome pictures! Love the lightning picture. You look so beautiful and so happy.