Monday, May 26, 2008

PICTURES!!!

Here they are....well some, but I'll keep'em coming!


1. Half way through "gettin my hairs did" it took like 12 hours and hurt like a mo-fo.
3684437
2.The end result of the hair, the guys took to calling me mermaid for the time I had it in. I agree it does look pretty mermaid-ish. This is at the natural history museum of Mozambique.

3. Teaching Line dancing to the Maputo II branch, we will be teaching the entire distrct line dancing again on june 14th if anyone else wants to come you're invited:)

4. Going out to macaneta beach, in the Chapa, thats Kailey, Blake, and Paul. Love those kids!

5. We had to cross a river on that ferry boat, the river was filled with with floating lilly pads, and a local also explained that they get hippos and crocodiles sometimes through there, anyone wanna go for a swim?
6. Everyone, the Indian Ocean, Indian Ocean, this is everyone. I LOVED this beach, absolutely beautiful.

7. The cutest little boy, Junior that we met last Sunday while out on an afternoon walk, his mother was so nice and spoke amazing english, she sells vegetables she grows herself in her yard. I want to go visit them again soon.

I will post more soon, its lunch time but there are some for the meantime, love you all!

4 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

That's some pretty schwank hair you've bot going there.
I love the pictures. Keep posting them.
Parece que você está se divertindo demais. Estou aqui completamente ciumenta.
Se cuide!

jennenea said...

Hi Kristin,

Thanks for posting the pictures. Doug showed me the pic's on face book so I got to see the sweet one where you had just taken out the braids. Hey gurl!

Wow, the Indian Ocean looks amazing. That must be why people go there for diving. Is the water warm?

Sorry, I can't come for the line dancing instruction. That would take me back to the days of Crystal.

Speaking of Crystal, I saw Ms. McClellan today when Dad and I went out to breakfast. She is so happy for your success and says you must have made great academic choices to get where you are. She really was ecstatic to hear about you and Hillary.

The lily pad river looked familiar. In the Philippines they would use the stalks for food. Do they eat them in Moçambique? They would get pounded into powder and used kind of like flour.

Today was Memorial Day so we had it off. We now have eight more days of school. I still have a schload of work to do but that's fine. Summer is just around the corner.

Gonna paint my bedroom. Sorry...guess I should have warned you about that. You could have had a heart attack or something. Maybe by the time you come home - home my room will be all pretty and nice.

We're going to have some cheesecake now to celebrate Doug's birthday a day late. I'll write more later this week.

Love,

Mom

Jeni said...

LOVE THE HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the end.

Clark and Liesel said...

Lamb,Woah to me! You poor thing. Being sick in a foreign country and having to go to the hospital does not sound fun at all. I wish I had been there to help you and comfort you!
The Packards are great people! They are in my parents ward and I really look up to them! Their little girl, Linda (I think her name was) is soooo cute! They are really great people. That's neat you got to meet them.
I love the pictures too! Your braids look pretty sweet! I have never had it done, but my aunt did when we were on a cruise in the Bahama's. She took it out after like an hour because it hurt her head so bad. But I think that look works for you! Why you not come to curl my hairs?
I hope you feel back to 100% soon. I am thinking and praying for you!