Thursday, May 21, 2009

This Week...

Sorry for the lack of pictures, I will try to get some up tomorrow if I have time.

This week we worked at ADPP teaching our culture class and that was a hit. Also we (Mike Kailey Dusty and I, the other group members have taken to calling us the fantastic four) were invited to speak in at one of our friends churches. It was a church that is conducted in Changana (the native dialect here) so we had translators from Portugese to Changana. I bore my testimony about Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father and also sung a trio with Mike and Dusty. Then I lead a song for the congregation (African style) half in Portuguese half in Changana! It was a good experience, I will have to write more about it when I have time.

Us four also taught a music class at the college this week, it was a lot of fun. The people we are teaching are going to be teachers next year so we even taught them a little song to teach their students to remember what sound each instrument makes. They loved it and then afterwards they taught us a song from here. It was a fair trade :)

Tomorrow Mike and I have to track down some paper to print our Econ course certificates on, and then print them out, that will probably take most of the morning down town. Then in the afternoon we will be taking some toys and presents to a local orphanage. Saturday one of our econ students is getting baptized so some of us will be going to that, also we will be visiting the home of Malangatana (go google him, he is the most celebrated Mozambican panter), teaching the last econ class, and also going out to dinner. A full day to be sure!

Well I have to go, I need to go help Mike and Dusty finish cooking! I hope everyone is doing well, Kenny congrats on your mission call, or should I say meus parabens! Oli please call me when you can (skype) so we can figure our trip to MEXICO out, yay! Mom and dad I love you, Nuh thanks for your email, I was laughing out loud here in the internet cafe, and everyone else that reads this have a good day!

No comments: