Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"One Foggy Day, In Londontown..."-Frank Sinatra


I booked my flight reservations today at the BYU travel office, I am excited to go, but dreading all the work I have to do in preparation! The best part of this multiple day trip to Mozambique is my lay-over. Yes you heard me right, I am excited for my lay-over.

That is because it is in London! I will have about 12 hours on my hands in the beautiful city of London, the UK is a new place for me, I didn't have the chance to visit it while I was in Europe last summer, So I am excited about going and seeing some "touristy" sites while I await my flight to South Africa. Any suggestions on what to go see/visit/do while I am there?

The itinerary itself is CRAZY to say the least, I will be leaving about two days after my commencement, on April 27th....I will finally get to Mozambique two days later on the 29th. I am taking any and all suggestions on what I should do while stuck on a plane or in an airport for those days, someone already suggested sudoku, and another person suggested books....I personally want to bring a coloring book just to keep the person next to me guessing if I am sane or not. I think it would be great to see a 22 year old coloring a Disney coloring book, don't you?

My pre-departure classes have also begun, one for linguistics and ESL/EFL, and another for the internship itself. Both classes are asking a lot of work, so these next few weeks are going to be intense! Well anyway, there's the update on my trip to Africa!

No comments: