Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Visa Pictures and a Miracle


Here it is, the sweet photo...

Well, one of them anyway. They also had to get an official "no teeth showing" picture as well, but I thought you'd get the idea with this one! Putting the other picture on here would require a scanner and I am just too lazy to go find one simply for a blog.

My pre departure classes have been stressing me out ever since they began, both were driving me nuts, I usually do not complain about work load in school, because I know its supposed to be challenging, but this was TOO much.

So I had a dilemma, I need to take these classes as pre-departure requisites given by the Kennedy Center but I just simply couldn't find time to do the work for them. Just when I thought that I was going to die from taking these (i.e. Monday) I was seriously considering staying home because this was just too much work. Then I found that file from my previous internship yesterday and that gave me a boost of confidence, but today a miracle happened, well...it was a miracle to me.

I went to my linguistics for non-native english speakers class not having done the 3 chapters of reading, the six sets of questions, the 1 page paper, and the interview with a previous intern knowing full well this was going to hurt my grade. I was shocked to find that the teacher after talking to a few students in the class had decided to change the class from a graded 4.0 scale (giving us A's B's C's etc. depending on our work in the class) to a P/F class (we pass or fail). This means I only have to prepare one lesson plan during the block and present it during class and show up for the lectures. I no longer have to read, tutor, write papers, do journal entries, etc. for this class, I just have to show up.

Then Aaron Rose, the student internship coordinator for the Kennedy Center, showed up to the linguistics class and informed the Mozambique students that we no longer have to take the 2 hour pre-departure class on Mondays, the other one credit class that was driving me nuts. I went straight home today and withdrew from the class! I am SO much more relieved and I actually feel better than I have for a LONG time now. Prayers really are answered when you least expect it, and usually the outcome is better that you could possibly imagine. Today, needless to say turned out to be a great day!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I am sooo happy that things turned out ok!!!! Love your blog!