Saturday, April 19, 2008

Hmmm....cade meu passaporte?? Alguem tem visto meu passaporte?

For some reason everytime I need a visa to visit a country it seems that the passport never comes back until days before my trip. Example, leaving for my internship in Brazil my passport came back from the Brazilian embassy two days before I was supposed to fly to Brazil. TWO days before, I was the only one that didn't have there's and Ron, Mimi, and Tim were all sweating bullets thinking it wasn't going to get back in time....I was so happy when it arrived at church headquarters and Mimi handed me my passport and brazilian visa, it was like Christmas!

Now that I'm going to Mozambique I needed to send in my passport to the consulate through BYU to get a visa for my internship. I turned it in....and it's still not back. I am leaving a week from tomorrow, and last I heard all of our passports are sitting in the embassy in Washington D.C. Strangly enough, I'm not too worried about it. Maybe I'm to chill about this whole not having my passport and me leaving next Sunday thing, but I seriously believe it will get here in time. I just know it will....but cross your fingers for me just in case!

So this week is going to be officially CRAZY because there is so much to do before I leave! I will thankfully be done with Finals on Monday, so that leaves my Tuesday and Wednesday to pack up my stuff and put it in storage, go to the dentist, get my other immunizations, pack my luggage for Mozambique, and do little insignifigant yet important things like update my iPod before leaving. I am for sure one of those people that needs their iPod chalked full of good music for traveling. I still remember being salvaged from boredom on the road between Rio and Sao Paulo by Daniel Beddingfield's Girlfriend and Craig David's You don't miss the water (till the well runs dry) and during the long bus rides during my internship John Mayer's album Continuum was my best friend. Of course my Brian Regan comedy kept me company for the quiet hours of driving through the Alps of Austria last summer, also Juanes and Julieta Venegas played throughout my 30 hour road trip through Mexico last june. Sting's Fields of Gold is a classic in my travling repertoire, I can listen to that over and over while I am half sleeping half awake on the plane. The iPod needs a serious overhaul of new music for my time I will be spending on the plane and in Africa. Thank you Apple, you keep me sane! Any music sugesstions? I am open to any and all, as long as there good...and Tisha, if you reccomend Herb Halpert and the Tiajuana Brass I will no longer consider you my sister hahaha...no seriously.

So yeah, thus far no passport, and lots of things to do. I can already tell this week will be one of late nights and exaustion...but strangely enough I'm looking forward to it:)

No comments: