Monday, April 28, 2008

London is my new "favourite"

So this will be quick, because I'm paying an arm and a leg to use the internet for ten minutes, and this is eaiser than emailing everyone to let you know I have made it through the first half of my trip okay.

We got into London this morning around 9 am and after a little mishap and a very angry british lady yelling at me at customs we were on the tube going to Picadilly Circus, which is near all the super touristy sites to see. We saw big ben, the london bridge, westminster abby, the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, the british parlament, and lots of other cool things. We ate lunch at an authentic italian place, and I loved our waitress, mainly because she was itailian and kept saying things like "yes, you want more water yes bella?" she was great. Then we walked around the city some more and then made the trek via the tube back to heathrow, where I am sitting writing this.

Our flight is delayed to South Africa two hours later than it was scheduled for, so I figured I would get on and write a little about my adventures today. I LOVED London, and there was so much more I wanted to do and see. I will for sure have to come back here to England again, I love the way the people here talk, they are all friendly (except the customs agent...she is oficially mean), the food is good, and every where you look there is some old gorgeous building, it is super. Plus hearing all the different words like "posh" instead of cool, "lift" instead of elevator, etc. is fun too.

Well, I am going to go try and find a cheap dinner some where in this airport, which I think is impossible. BTW, Heathrow is huge, and when I say huge I mean gigantic! But it is all really nice, new, and it has amazing stores to window shop. Needless to say I'm not too bummed about our delay, it just gives me an excuse to go explore some more. I will hopefully post pictures later when I am not being charged 2 dollars for 10 minutes of internet time. HA! Now you all know how fast I can type and think. More to come, hopefully next time from Mozambique!

2 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

Congrats on making thru the 1st half of the journey. That's brilliant that you got to bum around London a bit.

I'm excited for the next entry from Moçambique!

jennenea said...

Wow, Krissie! You got to see some excellent things while in London. I'm impressed. Did you know that you have some relatives buried in Westminster Abbey? It's someone from my Dad's side. I'm sure that if I went through the family history I could find it.

Did you like the hats? They know hats in Burundi, but the guards at Buckingham Palace definitely have some cool happening with their hats. PETA probably isn't to fond of them because they are supposed to be made from bear fur.

Too bad that the flight got delayed. It's a good thing that you had some extra time to make connections in South Africa. I hope everything works out.

Homefront, etc...Hillary wrote and said she had fun at YSA FHE there in Stuttgart. Nice to see all of her friends. She called home this morning before we left for work to let us know that she got to Germany OK.

No news from the sibs in Utah, so I guess they are working hard as usual.

Here at home, Gary is still sick. He got a refill on his meds from Craig. Let's hope this week he gets better. Doug is going to help spiff up Hillary's car...little things like clips that are missing and such. Dad had his usual go-go day at work and is cleaning some stuff up in the garage. Me? It's STAR testing this week so it's very skate at school. We had extra time today after testing and I showed them some MST shorts. They want to see more tomorrow. That shows a certain amount of class.

I guess by the time you read this you will be in Moçambique. You'll have to fill us in on all the details, like food, sights, music, houses, etc. Also it would be cool to know if there are any unusual animals that hang out there. How cool would this be...a Meerkat mascot...sort of an African Cosmo.

Doug is watching a show on 'shrooms. Think I'll join him. I'll write more soon. Take care and don't get burned in the sun.

Love,

Mom